 Marketplace / Theory / 1636
Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:19:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Joel Morris writes:
Brickbay's wanted page has the ability to enter a set, quantity, and a price
you are willing to pay.  You can't see what people are willing to pay though.
But the structure is already there

Yes, you are correct, but I believe that it is lacking.

Here's how I would envision it working...

The existing auction model (ebay, et al) is a seller with product being
'pushed' into the market. I'm thinking of something where a buyer wants to
'pull' certain product(s) if they are available at a particular price. I believe
that it would require full disclosure of the buyer identity (as ebay does with
bidders).

In most cases (other than pirate ships and guarded inn's), product is available
out there somewhere. Obvious items that the buyer would have to supply are:
product identification, max and min quantities desired, price per unit (willing
to pay), amortized price per unit with shipping and handling counted, buyer
identity, expiration date (if any) of the offer to buy, and method of payment.
I'm sure that there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind at the
momment.

In a sense, this is a classic matching of buyers and sellers, an inverse
auction if you will. The difference is that the available product pops up
randomly as individual stores do markdowns. In the case of the Sith's, the
product is readily available, but when does the price point allow a seller to
match up to a buyer(s) and still make a few bucks.

The small pile of Sith's is the third time that I have been in this situation. I
see the product, think its at an acceptable price (or may be shortly), but don't
really know for sure. The first two were the Imperial Outposts and the Pretty
Playlands.

Ray Sanders
lugnet #124