 Marketplace / Theory / 1644
Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
It's interesting that what everyone is describing here
is basically a "stock market".

You're in the right ball park, but it's a commodity market.

You'd probably have to explain to me the difference...  Is
it that stocks are paper shares of ownership in a company,
whereas commodities are trading actual physical items

That is the distinction I made. Commodities eventually get delivered and
converted into something else.

++Lar