 Marketplace / Theory / 1638
Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 01:24:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
It's interesting that what everyone is describing here
is basically a "stock market".

You're in the right ball park, but it's a commodity market.
I can't believe I haven't been involved in a discussion like this
before.  One of the aspects of LEGO that appeals to me is the
commodity market angle - I get to buy and sell LEGO.  It's great
because trading commodity futures is what I do here at work.

"Market Orders" are when you just say, "get me 20
Galaxy Explorers at any cost".  If 20 appear, you buy them...

Not exactly.  A market order is when you buy at whatever the
market is currently at.  The closest analogy would be Larry's
Streetcar.  He's auctioning one to find out what price the market
will support - The eBay auction will establish what the "market
price" of a PCC is.  He's offering some at what he expects will be
below the market price.  Suppose I agree the sale price will be
higher and I buy the PCC now and take a "Long" position. (I expect
to sell it later to someone else for the market price or higher.)
If I thought the market price would be lower than $180? and I sold
you one, (expecting to buy it later for, say $150) I would have
taken a "Short" position.

It's too bad the "LEGO market" is so small - Our system has generated
a 400%/annum (it's my job to improve that) rate of return on the
commodities we trade, and it would be great to include LEGO.  8-)

SRC
StRuCtures