 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7889
Re: Cancelling orders -- a Brickbay issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 09:44:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
What made the second order from Spitz invalid?  According to your very own
TOS, the seller is still obligated to complete the transaction if it is
valid.

I think the only issue Brickbay has in this mess is whether or not to close
Clark's shop.  It would be too harsch of a punishment to shut down a seller
upon a first screw up.  It's true that Clark violated the TOS but that doesn't
mean that his shop should be shut down since Clark is a responsible seller and
this is the first complaint about him.
I'm leaning towards a rule that sellers should have the right to refuse
service to anyone and cancelling a transaction is one way of completing it.
If noone objects then I'll incorporate it into the TOS.

And since neither party actually posted negative feedback about each
other,  I would not have assumed that it would have made the seller think
that the buyer was not satisfied with his LEGO that he received.

That's what most people would think but some people seem to think in a
different way than others.