 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7866
Re: Cancelling orders -- a Brickbay issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 00:56:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Alfred Speredelozzi writes:
I have to start this post with praise for Brickbay.
Anyway, my issue isn't really with Brickbay much at all.  It is with
a particular seller on that service.  As such, brickbay isn't really
responsible.

  <big snip>
So my question is this.  Does anyone else think this is essentially wrong?
My thoughts:
I know that the ability for sellers to cancel needs to exist for technical
reasons, but this is not an agreed upon cancellation.  If sellers are given
the opportunity to cancel, buyers should at least know beforehand.  Also,
buyers should be given the option to cancel, if this option is to exist.

I also think that feedback should be allowed in response to such an action.
...To be fair, the sellers should be able to do the same.  Now I suppose the
issue is over for me, but I am still interested in hearing what others have
to say about it.  (If anything.)
<huge snip of e-mail I didn't read - not relevant>

It would seem logical that feedback from both sides of a cancelled order
would be allowed.  I expect there's usually a good reason (at least in the
canceling person's mind) for it, and a feedback post and/or explanation
would seem fair.  However, it's not up to us - it's up to Dan - it's his
system.  He's been great with responding in some way to previous suggestions.

SRC