 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6333
    smokers —Paul Rutenberg
   Hello Read your tittat on smoking lego salespersons, as far as i can see, most of us that sell something, have just bought it somewhere and are not selling out of our own collections, we buy a package at a flea market, or over the papers or thru (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: smokers —Frank Filz
     (...) Buying only new at the store would be fine if you have no interest in themes like pirates. The reality is that 90% plus of LEGO I have bought over the internet has been smoke free. I have repeatedly bought from a single buyer who exposes the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: smokers —Mike Stanley
      (...) I think you should share the person's name. I don't want to buy stinky smoky parts. My home is smoke free - I assume all of my buyers already know that. It will remain smoke free no matter what, too. I don't even let my mother smoke in my home (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: smokers —Paul Sinasohn
      Frank, Please share the name/ID of that seller. I'm a semi-professional singer (my other avocation) and smoky Lego is not fun to deal with. I just got an 8459 from Germany, it reeked of smoke so badly that I had to put it together outside. I was (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

          Re: smokers —Shiri Dori
      (...) I agree with your rationalization, Paul. I have chronic asthma, and recently while I was factoring some sets that are headed for Oz, I got two packages that (from the second I opened them) got me all coughing, and it didn't take me too long to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

          Re: smokers —Christopher L. Weeks
      (...) He didn't say that he didn't want to. He said that he wanted a general consensus on whether such things are appropriate before doing so. It was the nice and cautious thing to do, but I think that consensus has been demonstrated. Chris (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

          Re: smokers —Frank Filz
       Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) that's (...) It (...) I would say so. No one has weighed in with a reasonable negative reason, and several people have raised the issue of severe asthma, so, look for my post in lugnet.market.services (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

          Re: smokers —Larry Pieniazek
       (...) Seems pretty clear cut to me. When you enter a marketplace you give up certain privacy rights relating to information that has a clear impact on the market. For example, people may comment on the quality of your merchandise, your timelyness, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

          Re: smokers —Dave Schuler
      (...) I've been fortunate enough not to have suffered through asthma; it sounds awful! Do people really suffer attacks from exposure to smoke-tainted plastic? (I'm certainly not refuting, just trying to empathize) How do such people walk down the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

          Re: smokers —Shiri Dori
      (...) Well, I've been fortunate enough to not find out. When I opened a smoke-tainted package, I noticed the smell immediatly so I closed the package and put it aside. I coughed a little, but if I had ignored the smell and continued opening the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: smokers —Justin Husman
     On a side note, Febreeze is a miracle product. I don't know if it'll help asthma sufferers, but it will help to get the odor out of stuff. I lived with a coupl of smokers, and one of them used my yoga book (while he was smoking. Healthy, no?), and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: smokers —Tom Stangl
     Lysol Kitchen cleaner - works well to clean, disinfect, AND deodorize smoky/dirty/catty Lego. I used to use it about 50:50 with water, but I've now found that about 20:80 (more water) to 25:75 works better - takes longer, but less rinsing involved. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: smokers —John MacDonald
     I agree completely. It is completely ridiculous for someone to complain about a foreign smelly sticky substance on Lego. I sold a bunch of Lego that my cat had tinkled on. The buyer had the nerve to complain about it. So what if the pieces stuck (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

         Re: smokers —Dave Schuler
     (...) If your assertion is that you would be as distressed if someone blew cigarette smoke in your face as if someone threw cat urine in your face, then I can agree with your analogy. If you find a qualitative difference between these two, then (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: smokers —Frank Filz
     (...) Well, smoking can leave a very persistant effect. The seller I buy from who I get the smoke permeated stuff from seems to mostly break down new sets and sell parts, so they are not exposed to a smoky environment for very long, so I haven't (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Cat Piss (was: smokers) —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) Have you worked with one of the enzymatic cleaners that chemically breaks down the pet odors? The one that I have right now, with which I am fairly happy, is called Simple Solution. We got it at a cat show or at one of the big Petsmart stores. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: smokers —Mike Stanley
   (...) Don't (...) That's a little beyond ridiculous - sorry. If you're selling it and you know it STINKS, for whatever reason, you should disclose it. I don't care if its because you or someone else in your home smokes or because you bought a big (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)