 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11614
Re: Brickbay Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:26:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Steve Bliss writes:

<snip>

I'd assume most opportunistic shoppers are using the Wanted messages, so
if the mail is sent to everyone at (about) the same time, there's little
difference that way.

What I usually do is ...

1) Batch upload the new parts
2) Go thru all the categories and merge like entries (old -> new)
3) Release the wanteds

I do it like this because I would prefer someone to see a single entry when the
wanted hits the mailbox. This leaves open the possibility that someone could
come in and buy something while I am merging (its happened twice so far). Before
anyone suggests closing the store, there is a little know behaviour of BrickBay
that anyone in the store browsing when you set it to closed, can continue to
shop until they leave (i.e. close the main screen or enter a different store) or
finish their order. Besides, I really would prefer to leave the store open 24/7
if possible.

Ray
Cosmic Toys