 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11575
Re: Brickbay Status (frustrations of the nations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 01:42:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Melody Brown writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kevin Salm writes:

was doing some manual inventory adjustment at the time and noticed that the
number of users was at least 250-350 all day.  I had a sinking feeling that
this would mean bad news......

At one time when I was on, there were approx 698 users according to the
counter at the top right.  I have never seen that many on there before at
once.  In the past week it had been like that... 300+ on average I saw it
around 495...

Mel

Right, the first time I saw this 'phenomenon', it started out at a regular
number (40-50 users) then climbed steadily until it topped out just over 800. I
think this is a strong candidate for the 'abuse' that Interland mentioned to
Dan. Exactly whom was doing what to cause this, would be a most interesting
discovery.

On another curious side to this situation, if Dan has been out of touch with
the net (and Interland) for the past week, why did they just happen to restore
email on Thursday ? Which happened to be almost precisely 24 hours before the
'great shutdown'.

Ray   (waiting patiently for some solution that allows us to go back to buying
and selling, instead of kvetching)

Anyway, let us know if we can do anything at all to assist you.

__Kevin Salm__
....bringing you yet another BB store sooner or later....

.