 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11579
Re: Brickbay Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Janssen writes:

There seemed to be alot more down-time when the email feature started working • 3
days ago. Elas, about 24 hours after emails started to flow out again, it got
shut down. If the volume problem is in the email, I much rather would have
brickbay without the email features, than nothing at all several days a week.
So, a fix that does not let emails be send but keeps the site working as far • is
ordering, listing, and selling is concerned, may keep it up??? I hope other
users agree that this is a reasonable compromise till the site moves to • another
provider?

*If* cutting out the emails is going to be the fix, I'd vote to keep the wanted
notification emails (if possible) and can the order emails.

If the type of payment and insurance option info could be included in the
invoice, there is no need for the order emails, imo.

The only possible drawback I can think of is orders that have additions. I
don't even remember, do those orders go to the top of the order list with an
"updated status", or do they stay in their original spot on the list with an
"updated status"? If they stay in the same spot, sellers would just have to be
sure to look for updates.

Julie