 Marketplace / Auctions / 9565
Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:42:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
My defense against sniping is to double my bid in the last minute. It can be
spectacular.

I would highly advise against it.  It's a really good way to screw yourself!
Two people trying the same technique will find one of them paying $20 for a
$10 item.  I've seen it happen many times.

Well, yes, it is like the game of 'chicken'. It can be spectacular.

Recently the other sniper was only going $5 over the minimum bid (which I
was doubling)... suffice it to say there was a lot more than $20 at stake.