 Marketplace / Auctions / 9555
9554  |  9556
Subject:
Ebay sniper? you make the call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:50:11 GMT

It’s really not a big deal, but I was bidding on an item on Ebay and I was
out bid, literally 3 seconds before the item closed. Is that even possible?
Was it just extraordinary luck that the winning bidder clicked submit just
under the wire or was there something else afoot? I am just curious, I have
been sniped before, but never with 3 seconds remaining in an auction. Anyone
else have anything like this happen before? I am a pretty unlucky guy so it
could just be me.

Scott