 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / *263 (-40)
  GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

Hi all, This is just a reminder that the Garden State LEGO Users Group will be meeting tomorrow. If you're attending and have not previously announced your intent, you need to do so ASAP. I expect to have a fun time and look forward to seeing those (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.de)

  January 26 meeting

Hi all, GardenSLUG will be meeting on the 26th of January at my home in Hillsborough, NJ around noon or 1 PM. I'm 1.5 hours from Manhattan and a little less from downtown Philadelphia (both under decent traffic conditions) -- just north and east of (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  Re: While in Harrisburg... (was: Try for summary of this debate...)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GpLDox.5JG@lugnet.com... (...) Railroad (...) likely (...) well (...) about (...) I won't be able to make it out again, sorry. Still playing catch up after 2 weeks vacation ;-) Hope (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har)

  Re: While in Harrisburg... (was: Try for summary of this debate...)

(...) Thanks for the info on that! Regrettably, I don't think I can get away during the day as my days are pretty full and the museum is open 9-5. However if you or anyone else is interested in getting together for dinner this week I'm interested in (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, lugnet.trains)

  While in Harrisburg... (was: Try for summary of this debate...)

(...) Larry, while you're here, and if you have a free day, check out the Railroad Museum of PA located in Strasburg, across the street from the Strasburg Railroad. Museum: (URL) Railroad: (URL) fairly easy to get to from Harrisburg (1 hour): Take (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har)

  test

(23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  2002 sets @ walmart

There are a few of the 2002 sets at walmart. I picked up 4796 Ogel Mutant Squid and 7201 Final Duel II. the only other 2002 set I saw was 7203 Jedi Defense I which I decieded against. John (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: Pittsburgh Magizine Cover

John Carroll wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Yes I've seen links to this guy's stuff before.... nice, but he PAINTS his Lego! I don't think he's a LUGNEtter but who knows, maybe he will pop up and talk to use :-) Kevin ---...--- NEW Tank Engine (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Pittsburgh Magizine Cover

The December Cover of Pittsburgh Magizine has a picture of a LEGO wreath. (URL) article about the 5 wreaths that they had Pittsburgh artists make doesn't appear on the online magizine. but in the mag they gave a link to the artist's web site who did (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Any sitings?

(...) Yunz can disregard my previous post--I've found the sets in the NH Target and TRU. Thanks all the same! Dave! (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Any sitings?

Many of us have probably heard of the clone-brand LotR sets being released. If anyone spots these in the vicinity of Pittsburgh, would you mind posting a heads-up? I've checked the North Hills area, to no avail. Thanks, Dave! (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  In PA next week

I am in Harrisburg MTW, and in Allentown ThF of next week. I think I am in Harrisburg MF of the week after that. Are there any folks in either of these two areas that might be interested in getting together? I arrive in H late on Sun nite, drive to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: Harry Potter in Pittsburgh? YES!

Here are a few more updates: TRU (Monroville) has no H.P. lego and they don't know when it is going to arrive. Wallmart (gibsonia, rt.8 north of turnpike) Has H.P. stuff. all stets (I think). They are NOT in the Lego Section but are in the Harry (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: Harry Potter in Pittsburgh? YES!

(...) Okay, here's the update: As of 9/26, no Potter stuff at NH Zany Brainy or Family Toy, none at Target in Wexford, none at the McKintyre Kmart. However, there were a few of the 4704 at the NH TRU. (URL) Dave! (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: Harry Potter in Pittsburgh? YES!

(...) Over the weekend I saw about half a dozen Potter sets at the South Hills TRU, but when I returned 45min later, they were gone! I'll be doing a brief check of the North Hills stores today and will let you know. Dave! (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: Harry Potter in Pittsburgh? YES!

John, I found every set, but the big train at the Walmat in little Washington. (cross roads I70 and R19). -Shane (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Harry Potter in Pittsburgh?

after hearing that a few people picked up some of the harry potter sets over the last couple of days, I decieded to search around here a bit to see if any H.P. sets were avaliable. So far the answer is NO. I first checked K-mart (shaler, it is (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: mckeesport area.

there has been some discussion of forming a Pittsburgh LUG but it never got too far off the ground. (or at all even) but I definitlly think there is intrest. there were (are) probablly 5 or 6 people interested. we just need to get things orginazed (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  mckeesport area.

Hello, I'm from Elizabeth/Mckeesport area and I was wondering if anyone was interested in trading/sharing models, ideas..etc.. in the pittsburgh region. I am the webmaster of the "Mutual Aid Assocation of Lego Fire Department" [MAALFD] and I just (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Minor Bargains

TRU in the North Hills has an outdoor tent under which items are being sold on clearance, though in some cases "clearance" is sort another way of saying "for one dollar less than MSRP." Anyway, they have a few Insectoids sets, most notably the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: Meeting in NYC

(...) Sounds good to me. (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  A few sightings

Bionicle, heaven help us, is now omnipresent in Pittsburgh, and Creator has hit the shelves in just about every store I've checked. KB in the South Hills still has a number of Chrome Knights sets for about $4.99, as well as a few of the small (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: Meeting in NYC

(...) Count me in. (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Meeting in NYC

Hi there, A few members of the Gardenslug mailing list have been discussing a possible meeting in NYC for this summer. As it looks right now, courtesy of Jake Mckee, it will be at the Lego Direct Offices in Soho. Weekends seem to be the best for (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Go to Robinson Family Toy...

in article GF37Hp.52G@lugnet.com, Jeff Johnston at sakura@mediaone.net wrote on 6/17/01 2:32 PM: (...) It's definitely early, but I think the manager at the Robinson one has a thing for 'setting the space' or something like that. They've reserved (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: Go to Robinson Family Toy...

(...) I checked at the one in Northway Mall on McKnight road, but there wasn't even a space set aside for HP LEGO. If the sets are coming out in *November*, isn't it really early for a store to be saving space to stock them? J (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Go to Robinson Family Toy...

... To see some enterprising employee's mock-up of the Harry Potter sets. Have a look at my post on lugnet.harrypotter for more detail. The short story is, Family Toy (at Robinson, don't know about others in the area), has done their new stock prep, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: I haven't been around for a while...

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Jeff Johnston writes: <snip> (...) Good luck w/everything, Jeff! I'm still kinda bummed we never got a chance to meet, but someday we will, I bet... Oh BTW, I tried replying to your email and it didn't go through... three (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  I haven't been around for a while...

...and it's pretty unlikely I'll be at any NELUG meetings in the future, for the same reasons that I haven't been around on LUGNET. That is, my wife and I moved back to Pittsburgh. I had a really good time at the two NELUG things I did go to, and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  JP3

Jurassic Park 3 sets are all over the place at WalMart and TRU. Also, WalMarts are getting Bionicle sets in now. I like the Spinosaurus, He doesn't have many parts, but he sure is big. I guess when it comes to animals, I prefer the sleeker look of (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: New stuff in the area?

(...) The South Hills TRU has a ton as well. I've taken a look, and you're welcome to them--not quite to my taste. I'll check a few places in the North Hills this week. Dave! (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: New stuff in the area?

in article B73367B8.9612%robb@m...nnect.com, Robert Brunskill at robb@macconnect.com wrote on 5/25/01 1:36 AM: (...) I found a lot of Bionicle in the Washington TRU. They're probably all over. Rob (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  New stuff in the area?

The first sighting of Bionicle in the stores (a TRU in Georga, I believe) is in. Post if you see them in the area! Also, has anyone seen Life on Mars 7302 and 7303 in the area? Sightings of those have been at Walgreens (which isn't in the area) and (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Chrome sets at KB

I saw the Chrome castle sets in small abundance at the SH KB yesterday. They also had a bunch of those small Adventurers sets, too. Prices ranged from $2.99 to $4.99. Additionally, I've seen Lego Creator sets at Family Toy in the NH. Nothing else (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: ames bogo 50% off

My brother checked out one of the local Ames stores today, and noticed that they had a sign up explaining the sale. It's apparently not like the normal buy one, get one 1/2 price sale, but rather a "Buy 2 get the second one half price" sale. The (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  A few deals

Not major news, but the TRU in the South Hills has several Rock Raiders sets on clearance. The big base is $50 down from $80, and the Tunnel Transport is $30 down from somewhere over $30. They also have the two smaller sets on reduction, but I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: Pitt LUG

(...) I believe it's very near Market Square. I've only been there once or twice, but I don't recall much LEGO other than a few random $5 sets. Another downtown venue, of course, is S.W. Randall, though their selection is fairly typical and somewhat (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact