 Local / United States / Georgia / 41
Re: SELUG! ( was GALUG?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:14:46 GMT

<Blatant Plug>
BellSouth Buzz, BellSouth's web portal, offers free web sites to "community"
organizations.  It's pretty easy to set up, and I think it comes with a
discussion group.  We could try this as our web page.  I would be happy to set
it up.  Is this cool with everyone?
</Blatant Plug>

Greg

Craig Livingston wrote:

wow! seven responses in just four days!  we are well on our way, folks!

a south eastern group looks good, so deciding on our identity comes first.
SELUG has been thrown out, but SELUG.org has been taken. although, ~.com and
~.net are still available... nothing more frustrating than deciding on a cool
name, then being unable to get a domain.

which brings us to setting up a page similar to NELUG's.  half of being
official is looking official. i'd love to do this, but i'm afraid the job • would
require someone more computer savy and better equiped than myself. (please
don't laugh at my "toy" computer!) any volunteers for this task?

If no one else really wants the job, I have the knowledge and freetime
necessary to create an official webpage. Let me know if that is ok and I will
try to get the ball rolling.

Craig Livingston

PS - Also, a first of the year party in Macon would be cool. I also live in
Atlanta, but don't mind the drive.

--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com