 Local / United States / Georgia / 40
Re: LUG for "Dixie" (Southeast US)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:09:56 GMT

Say "DXLUG" out loud three times, and guess the euphemism that might be
associated with it.  Still want to use it?

I know, my mind is in the gutter... ;-)

craig hamilton wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ga, Ray Sanders writes:
Eric Harshbarger wrote:

"Franklin W. Cain" wrote:

Just to be a -- if you'll pardon the term -- • 'rebel' ;-)
may I suggest "Lego Fans of the Confederacy" • (LFotC)
or "Lego Fans of Dixie" (LFoD) as the prospective • name
of our nascent organization?

Thanks.
Franklin

Of those two I would prefer using 'Dixie' rather than • Confederacy (less
potential for 'controversy', I'd say -- besides, the • war IS over
[grin]... the Confederacy is gone, but 'Dixie' is • still around)... it
could potentially be 'Dixie LEGO User Group' or DXLUG

eric

If I lived 4-5 miles further West (across the • Suwannee), I would be in
'Dixie County, Florida' - lol

Ray

"~the south will rise again!", or as i've seen on many a bumper sticker,
"fergit, hell!"(who said the war was
over?) <grin>  i was thinking of alternates with the
acronym, YALL, but it's been taken as a domain name.

i certainly think keeping the ~LUG suffix is important to unify us with the
other regional groups.  DXLUG
is real nice!  i like it a lot! ("X"'s my favorite letter/ number)

craig livingston has volunteered for the web page task, so we really need to
get our ducks in a row on the name.
~ all in favor of DXLUG say, "yee-haw!" ~ all opposed, keep yer trap shut!
seriously, i like it, but anyone who was an unforseen problem with this name
should post up.
later ~ craig~

--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com