 Local / United States / Georgia / 42
Re: LUG for "Dixie" (Southeast US)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 05:09:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ga, Greg Crisp writes:
Say "DXLUG" out loud three times, and guess the euphemism that might be
associated with it.  Still want to use it?

I know, my mind is in the gutter... ;-)

craig hamilton wrote:

seriously, i like it, but anyone who was an unforseen problem with this name
should post up.
later ~ craig~

--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com

~ gahh! talk about your unforseen problem!  i can't imagine saying, "i'm
attending a DXLUG meeting" and then explaining what it is...

eric, were you setting us up? <grin>

DXELUG avoids the phonetic misinterpretation and sounds like what it's
supposed to be...say it. "dixie-lug  dixie-lug  dixie-lug". ~DXELUG, anyone?
there's still the SELUG option, but the dixie reference is really cool.

later ~ craig~