 Local / United States / Georgia / 34
Re: SELUG! ( was GALUG?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:24:57 GMT

I'm interested as well.  I live in Atlanta but I would be unlikely to meet
in Macon, however.  Any meetings in Atlanta are much more likely.

----- Original Message -----
From: Craig Livingston <clivin007@aol.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.us.ga@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 1999 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: SELUG! ( was GALUG?)

wow! seven responses in just four days!  we are well on our way, folks!

a south eastern group looks good, so deciding on our identity comes • first.
SELUG has been thrown out, but SELUG.org has been taken. although, ~.com • and
~.net are still available... nothing more frustrating than deciding on a • cool
name, then being unable to get a domain.

which brings us to setting up a page similar to NELUG's.  half of being
official is looking official. i'd love to do this, but i'm afraid the job • would
require someone more computer savy and better equiped than myself. • (please
don't laugh at my "toy" computer!) any volunteers for this task?

If no one else really wants the job, I have the knowledge and freetime
necessary to create an official webpage. Let me know if that is ok and I • will
try to get the ball rolling.

Craig Livingston

PS - Also, a first of the year party in Macon would be cool. I also live • in
Atlanta, but don't mind the drive.