 Local / United States / Georgia / 31
Re: SELUG! ( was GALUG?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 11:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ga, Craig Hamilton writes:

hi y'all ~

i've seen the other regional user groups posting on
lugnet, and wondered why there's not one for georgia, or
at least the south-east.(SELUG?) what is involved in
starting a regional user group, or organizing a fest
(fest-ive get together)? i'm game, but wary; but i'm not
wary game.

later ~ craig~

wow! seven responses in just four days!  we are well on our way, folks!

a south eastern group looks good, so deciding on our identity comes first.
SELUG has been thrown out, but SELUG.org has been taken. although, ~.com and
~.net are still available... nothing more frustrating than deciding on a cool
name, then being unable to get a domain.

which brings us to setting up a page similar to NELUG's.  half of being
official is looking official. i'd love to do this, but i'm afraid the job would
require someone more computer savy and better equiped than myself. (please
don't laugh at my "toy" computer!) any volunteers for this task?

i would love to host our get-together, and no-one seems to object to macon as
a gathering place. throwing a party is something i'm really good at (martha
stuart, watch out!), so i guarantee a good time!

the holidays are much too hectic, and much too soon. i will most likely be in
a play in february, (with rehersals through january), so how does one of the
weekends in early march look to everyone? that's four months away, giving me
plenty of time to plan something special while our group is taking form.

later ~ craig~