 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 117 (-20)
  Re: Warthog Anyone?

(...) Very cool Dave. I like the legs. They are solid looking. Also that trans orange works well (and is one of my least favorite colors). I'd like to see a full picture with maybe Overkill for comparison. And how does this fit into the "tri-war"? (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Warthog Anyone?

Well, I've felt inspried this week by a couple of different things. First, but the mechcommander page-specifically, the shadowcat. Secondly, by Bryce McGlone's Big Blue, and finally, by a gentleman I worked with until this week. He's just gotten (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

Dave Thanks for hosting our best meeting yet. I had a blast seeing everyone's latest creations. -Henry P.S. I apologize for giving you a faulty link. The correct link is: (URL) forgot the ".html") (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

(...) Thanks for the clarification Dave. I've just logged on and was reading the news. Anyone wanting to see the space tourist bubble bus (egg crate) can see it here: (URL) spider Mecha "Cobba" mit legs is here: (URL) the amazement at the talent and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

(...) One big fat me too on this one. Had me singing "Ebony and Ivory" all the way home! Bryce McGlone (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

Just a quick correction here, Scott, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the space bus belonged to Mr. Spacerocks himself, Rick. Spider Mech is Rick's as well. Roy brought some incredible ancient Lego to show off, as well as some cool catalogs (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

Some of my most memorable memories from last meeting are as follows (in no particular order): 1. Everyone being astounded as Bryce pulled "Big Blue" from his box. As impressive as this creation looks on the web, it is nothing compared to viewing (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

It was great meeting all you guys. I had a wonderful time. Bryce McGlone (...) Unfortunately, (...) a (...) fact, (...) pair (...) four (...) on (...) assist (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

It was a resounding success! Thanks to the seven of you that were there and Brad, who could only be there in the abs (minifig Brad Hamilton). Unfortunately, the webcam met with technical difficulties (VLC curse?), but otherwise it was a fantastic (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Variation on a theme: My Podracer

John, Thanks for the wonderful comments. I'll admit that it was an exercise to see which parts I could cram into the main model while eliminating the colors blue and green. The main pod 'spine' is the insectoin leg I received as part of a trade and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Variation on a theme: My Podracer

Nice job on the pod racer! While it may be built of "useless" parts, the color scheme your have selected is most successful! And quite a collection of parts as well! This is what I love about LEGO. Build On! John Matthews Dave Johann (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Variation on a theme: My Podracer

Hi Dave, I wish I could join you tomorrow. That's quite a creative pod racer. It really looks like a patchwork of different parts, but there is something spindly and elegant to it. Brad Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  ED-209-C

The first time I saw Dave Schuler's Lego ED-209, I was amazed! I thought it was one of the coolest mini-mechs I'd ever seen. (URL) Mark Sandlin took the idea a step further with a revamping of the design...a streamlining if you will. radically (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  Variation on a theme: My Podracer

(URL) was to be the first of two entries into Mark Sandlin's space creation contest, but due to a severe lack of time, I didn't get around to taking pictures until the day the contest ended. Someday, entry #2 will be complete, but it's design right (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Futuristic Four Horsemen

(...) ooOOoo I like War. He's kewl. (...) wha? huh? ~Mark (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Futuristic Four Horsemen

Lately, I've been noticing people posting their renditions of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. Mine have adorned my desk at work for the past 4 months, but I finally got around to getting pics of them. You'll find them here: (URL) actually (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  September 23 LUGOLA event-Meeting IV FINAL NOTICE

This is the final announcement via LUGNET regarding the Saturday LUGOLA meeting at my place. In other words, if I don't have your email address, you won't know where to meet. I'll be emailing and egroup posting the address this evening. On to the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Spotted in the abs: #8458 Silver Champion

(...) DOH! I forgot this important part-Number of copies:4 (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Spotted in the abs: #8458 Silver Champion

when: yesterday. where: Zany Brainy, Canoga Park, Ca. price:$169.99, as expected. Purchased? Nope, just drooled on a bit while mumbling in my best Homer J. Simpson voice "Mmmmm, Technic....." (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA Meeting Live Webcast-September 23rd, 2000

(And you thought only the folks in Vancouver were cool...) Hello all! Here we go again...September 23rd at 1 pm is the day and time of the next LUGOLA meeting. The place is quite different, though. This time, I'm hosting it in Van Nuys rather than (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact