 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 110
Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:21:17 GMT

It was great meeting all you guys. I had a wonderful time.
Bryce McGlone
It was a resounding success! Thanks to the seven of you that were there and
Brad, who could only be there in the abs (minifig Brad Hamilton). • Unfortunately,
the webcam met with technical difficulties (VLC curse?), but otherwise it was • a
fantastic grouping of some extremely creative individuals. So creative, in • fact,
that it took me until now to recover from my hosting duties to finally post
this. I'll start off by listing who was there and including a picture of their
creations, if I can.

Roy Gal
http://astro.caltech.edu/~rrg/lego
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=roygal

Scott Costello
No Lego site yet-coming soon!

Rick Kujawa
www.spacerocks.com

Mike Rayhawk
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rayhawk

Henry Lim
www.geocities.com/droideka13/legosculptures/

Dan Jassim
No Lego site yet-pics thanks to Mark Sandlin

Bryce McGlone
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Bryce

Dave Johann
http://surf.to/mtron
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=hardcore

It was the first lovely day of this week, as Los Angeles has been experiencing
some freakish weather for this time of year. It was sunny and cool, so I knew
this was the perfect day for this get together. Mike was the first to show up
and showed off some terrific castle-like creations including a minifig scale
baby grand piano. Bryce, Roy, and Dan showed up next-within 10 minutes of one
another, and proceeded to dazzle Mike and I with some never before shown
creations. The beach contingent (Rick and Henry) soon arrived with Audrey
Hepburn in tow, and Scott showed up after I fixed the directions that mapquest
gave him.

There was much showing off and idea swapping going around. Bryce brought a • pair
of mechs (Big Blue + experiment1) that got me rethinking the design of my own
Rock Raider's Belle mech. Dan brought a portion of his new carrier/base. I got
to show off a couple of unfinished spaceship designs and my version of the • four
horsemen. We all brought much to trade/swap/deal with. From there, it was just
Lego fun for the next 8 hours. I believe we all inspired each other to create
more things to show off next time. I know that after everyone left, Bryce's
prediction came true: I worked all night on my M-Tron starbase utilizing a
design concept Bryce showed me. Funny thing is, I was already using that idea • on
my scorpion mech, and didn't even realize it. DOH!

Now onto other notes: The next meeting will be Saturday, November 4th, 2000.
Location: to be determined, but should be somewhere in Orange County so we can
badger the South Coast members into showing up (hint!!!). I'd be happy to • assist
in getting the meeting set up for who ever decides to host it. Heck, I'll host
it again if OC doesn't. I had a blast, and I hope the rest of you did as well.

-Build Well
----Dave