 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 108
Re: Variation on a theme: My Podracer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 06:58:21 GMT

John,

Thanks for the wonderful comments. I'll admit that it was an exercise to see
which parts I could cram into the main model while eliminating the colors blue
and green. The main pod 'spine' is the insectoin leg I received as part of a
trade and couldn't come up with another way to utilize it. That, and the
unconventional use of the propellor holders are my favorite parts of the 'pod'.
Overall, the engine itself is my favorite, as it is extremely detailed and not
very big. The use of Znap was crucial to this model, as it never would have been
able to be this small otherwise. Those tires didn't hurt, either. ;-)

Build Well,
-Dave

In lugnet.build, John Matthews writes:
Nice job on the pod racer!  While it may be built of "useless" parts, the
color scheme your have selected is most successful!  And quite a collection
of parts as well!  This is what I love about LEGO.

Build On!
John Matthews