 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 112
Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:28:57 GMT

Just a quick correction here, Scott, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the
space bus belonged to Mr. Spacerocks himself, Rick. Spider Mech is Rick's as
well. Roy brought some incredible ancient Lego to show off, as well as some cool
catalogs from the past.

4. Roy's awesome space bus, looked to me like panty hose tops for windows; and
his broken beetlejuice spider mech.

6. Not much new from Dave, beyond Belles new hips. (Man that sounds dirty).
Four horsemen in person were very impressive (first thing I wanted to see).

Yep, too true. 'tis the folly of building models to quickly to photograph.
However, I may have something else to show of via Brickshelf later today. For
the record: it's been 2 days and the Four Horsemen are still sitting on that
table as I build around them....I think the'll be there for awhile.

7. I will never forget Mike's piano, possibly the best minifig accessory I
have ever seen.

I'll echo that sentiment. From 2 feet away, I couldn't tell how it was
constructed. It appears that Mike's specialty is tiny intricate creations with
toms of detail and realism.

Just a couple of specific recolections, overall this was a great meeting. I
continue to be overwhellmed by the degree of talent in this group

Very true. Every time we meet, I'm awed.

(and the
fact that they let me hang out with them inspite of my lack of talent).

Lack of talent? where? Just because you haven't shown many finished items
doesn't mean that the talent isn't there. Besides, we're there to help foster
that talent and inspire one another. I'm still dying to see that completed
temple...

Extra
special thanks to Dave for hosting, and to Mrs. Johann for allowing us to
overrun the garage for a day.

The garage is MINE, ALL MINE!!!! However, you can thank her for allowing you to
use the bathroom... ;-) Her main comment to us all day-"You people make me sick.
I can only build what is on the box....". She's being modest though. She can
build even though she professes to be a NLSO.

I can hardly wait until November 4th.

ditto