 Local / United States / 263 (-40)
  Pick-a-Brick sale!

I stopped at the Woodfield P-A-B store for my weekly 'fix' and was pleasantly suprised to hear that if you spend $50.00 you get a choice of a couple different items or a small P-A-B cupfull! A large cup is free at either $75.00 or $100.00, heard (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Visiting Florida

(...) Yep, cool - thanks for all that - I'll pay a visit to that Walmart (it's not that far from where my Grandfather is - well, a few km anyway) so don't clear it out of all it's goodies!!! Steve (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Visiting Florida

(...) Hey Steve, I'm a "Tallahassian" for a few years now. So far, the best stuff I've found is at the Walmart on Tennessee (out by Capital Circle NW). My wife and I call it the "ghetto walmart" for good reason - its often dirty and poorly stocked - (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Visiting Florida

(...) I have not connected with any local fans my whole 2 months here... not sure there ARE any here. Sorry I'll miss you, my gig in TLH is just about done. As for stores here, it;s the standard mix, near as I can tell. there's a Tuesday Morning, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Visiting Florida

Hi, I'll be in Tallahassee, Florida (with a side trip to Mississippi somewhere in the middle) for three weeks, starting next Wednesday so wanted to ask what stores were worth visiting for decent/discounted lego sets? Steve (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Differences between 483 and 920

(...) Yes, they're essentially the same. (...) Unless you have the box or the instructions, the only logical way left to determine which you've got is to figure out where it was originally bought. (...) This is why I like looking them up on LUGNET (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.space, lugnet.year.1979)

  Differences between 483 and 920

What are the differences between the sets 483 and 920??? They seem to be the same (except the serial number), but are REALLY the same?? If I don't have the instructions, but only the set, how can I find what set is? Here the links to both sets: (2 (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.space, lugnet.year.1979)

  DESLUG

I thought that I put the posting in the Arizona section. If we can get a club going or restarted in Phoenix. Maybe we can get a more groups involved. Our northern brothers in Northern Arizona, and then our cold brothers and sister in Colorado. Just (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: How are lugnet.loc.us... groups being used these days?

(...) To be blunt, I think that in the case in point, you probabbly got the general jist of the replies in that post. There's not really very many people that live in the Florida area. There's me, Robin, KK Quah, (though he hasn't posted recently) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: How are lugnet.loc.us... groups being used these days?

(...) One thing I decided to do is to subscribe to the local groups I'm most interested in by e-mail. Then you don't have to remember to check them. I guess I hadn't noticed the GFLUG group. I'll have to remember that next time. (...) Definitely. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: How are lugnet.loc.us... groups being used these days?

(...) Sorry Frank, I didn't see that post! I have not looked though the local Florida post for weeks, just not anything to read and like you have discovered it seems no one is looking in. When I have posted in Florida all I hear is crickets, oh and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  How are lugnet.loc.us... groups being used these days?

I'm curious. I was in Florida for 2.5 weeks and posted in lugnet.loc.us.fl and got no response at all. I have seen very little activity in the various lugnet.loc groups I follow. I sense that most local even planning is now done on private LUG or (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org)

  Anyobody live near the First Coast?

I'm just posting to inquire if anybody lives near the First Coast, or in Georgia's Atlantic Coast. It seems a bit strange to me that there's 5 or more AFOLs in Orlando and Tampa but only one (me!) in Jacksonville- a city of over 1 million. If you're (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us)

  BrickFest 2002 presentations update

The BrickFest Schedule has been updated.* The following are just some of the presentations that will occur at this years Fest - July 19-21, just outside of Washington, DC. For more up-to-date info go to www.brickfest.com Jeffrey Ardis - Spybotics (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.people) !

  Re: Lafayette (Indiana) Area Lego Robotics Club.

Steve, This is great news, but do you need to post like this? Why not just cross post in one shot. (i.e. copy and paste the names into the Newsgroups space) Then again I could not fit all the newsgroups you posted to into the space? See Ya... Robin (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind)

  Lafayette (Indiana) Area Lego Robotics Club.

We're proud to announce the formation of the Lafayette Area Lego Robotics Club in Lafayette, Indiana. The Lafayette Area LEGO Robotics Club is a group of people who meet once a month to discuss and build Lego robots and related subjects. We hope to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Frank Filz writes: Thanks for your experience, Frank. (...) Many national events are held in the Midwest because it's so cheap to organize accomodations. I'll be at a ten day event with >200 people in April in Columbus (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us)

  Competition III News Release

Ivy Tech State College and the Evansville chapter 73 of The Society of Manufacturing Engineers announce the Student Robotics Challenge III titled 'Search and Destroy'. This event is a departure from the last two competitions that involved timed (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.in.eva, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  EURO (again)

Hi all, From this day on (October 1st, 2001), it is mandatory for all shops wihtin EMU with more than seven workers to present their prices both in Euro and local currency. This obligation will extend at least until January 2002, depending on the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Along with our deepest sympathy...

(...) Thanks also, Holger P.S. Our thoughts are with all whom suffered from that tragic terroristic act. (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us)

  Dave Low... you ok?

Hi Dave, I know you are a little too far away from the disaster, but still, you are there closer than we are... are you ok? Is everything alright with you? Just let us know! Thanks... Mel 'The streets here in Brisbane tonight are extremely dead and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: AN AUSSIE IN NEW YORK CITY.....

(...) This will or maybe a stupid question... sorry... Any change of plans? Mel :( (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Along with our deepest sympathy...

(...) Thank you. Jojo (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us)

  Along with our deepest sympathy...

... Along with our deepest sympathy for those concerned, www.1000steine.de will be inaccessible between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. EDT. taken aback: the whole German AFOL community www.1000steine.de (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

(...) I think we'd be interested in it at some point in NC. We don't have sufficiently scheduled meetings to prepare for it, but with a week or two notice, we can probably manage to have a meeting to peruse it. (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

Russell explained it well. Here's the original thread that fully describes the box: (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

(...) The *LUG box is a jumbalaya box sent between LEGO groups to pass around to group members. The box was passed on to us at the July meeting. It weas gone through, and Paul Sinasohn is sending iot on to the next group, whichever one it is. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

Hi Dave, This may be a dumb question: what is The *LUG box? Greetings, David PS: FAQ? What FAQ? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: The *LUG box

*LUG box update (should have happened back in April 2001) The *LUG box is still in the hands of BAYLUG last time I checked. It was passed on to them at the April 2001 LUGOLA meeting. Russell Clark informed my that they have already dealt with the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Guarded Inn has arrived in the US

(...) Ahh, I knew I forgot something! I live in Atlanta, Georgia, a ways away from the west coast I'm afraid... --Kyle (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn has arrived in the US

(...) west coasters will get it? I recieved a shipping confirmation e-mail for my online order on Wed. Thanks. Jon (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.castle)

  Guarded Inn has arrived in the US

I apologize if someone has already announced this, but I didn't find any posts mentioning it in the US, so... Yep, the Guarded Inn arrived at my home today! It was in the gray box and came with the same extra horse that has already been discussed. I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Simpsons 23/5/1 (Australia)

It re-ran tonight here in the US - West Coasters still have a chance to see it if you missed it the first time :) Julie (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us)

  AN AUSSIE IN NEW YORK CITY.....

G'day..... Kevin here form Australia..... My wife and I are heading over to NYC just after Xmas.... Is there anyone...or any groups into Lego in the NYC area??? Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us)

  Upcoming Southern California LEGO Users Group Meeting - March 24th!

We are scheduling a LEGO Users Group Meeting on March 24th! The meeting will be held in between San Diego and Los Angleles (in Mission Viejo). So far, we have at least 12 confirmations from all over the area. For details, check out the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego on Leno?

(...) Hi, just a quick comment... Please don't take this as a flame or anything negative, but there's actually a new newsgroup here now called "media watch" (lugnet.mediawatch) where you can post this sort of thing to. I'm not saying that (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Snow day!!!

(...) Much more convenient keeping all the snow up there, isn't it? I don't know what we'd do without such a good place to store all of our snow. Having it all down here would be annoying. ;) I drove up to Baldy a few weeks ago (the snow was about 7 (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Snow day!!!

(...) Tons of snow just a few miles from my house here in SoCal, but thankfully at the 5000-6000 foot level and higher (Mount Baldy is just over 10,000 feet). Put salt on your food, not your roads! ;-) Bruce (I'm singing in the rain...and testing (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Snow day!!!

(...) Yeah, right, I WISH! You darn New Englanders stole DC's snow AGAIN!! I swear, if it ain't you guys, its Virginia.... :( Darn weather forecasters... Friday: Up to 16 inches for the DC area! Sunday Night: Up to six inches for the DC area! Monday (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact