 Local / United States / 261
Re: Visiting Florida
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Steve Burge wrote:
Hi, I'll be in Tallahassee, Florida (with a side trip to Mississippi somewhere
in the middle) for three weeks, starting next Wednesday so wanted to ask what
stores were worth visiting for decent/discounted lego sets?

    Steve

Hey Steve, I'm a "Tallahassian" for a few years now.

So far, the best stuff I've found is at the Walmart on Tennessee (out by Capital
Circle NW).  My wife and I call it the "ghetto walmart" for good reason - its
often dirty and poorly stocked - but right now they've got some wicked deals
(like in excess of 50% off) on HP stuff, a few Star Wars sets.

The "richer" areas have better stock, like the TRU and Target on Apalachee, but
rarely get the good sales (except Target's post-Xmas sale).  I rarely get to the
superwalmarts in killearn and on apalachee.. they are far from me.

hope this helps.

-lenny