 Local / Canada / 2001
  One last chance.......

Hobby Show, in Toronto. I just got home from two fun days at the Hobby Show in Toronto. The Can-Brick builders (Lego builders from Ontario including many members of rtlToronto and ParLUGment, put on a great display with some really outstanding MOCs. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Janey, You just learned that this past weekend? ;) I guess you have spent too much time in the sticks, eh? LegoPete P.S. I was planning on making a run in to see some people and displays but decided to sleep in instead. Oh well, maybe next (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Apparently I have, and sleep was more important then us???? I'm truly hurt. Wink. Janey "Sleep is not an option Red Brick" (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Like the "life moment casting" next door with the two vinyl covered women next door. Ahem. :) (...) Agreed, thanks for organizing Dave! And thank you Janey, Paul, Keith, Jason, Jacub, and Ka-On for coming out and making this event a success. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) I've been asked very politely to kick your butt for calling Janey Smurfette. So here I go *KICK*. Any complaints forwarded automatically to complaints@smurfette.com. ROSCO (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Really???? Because the photos I have show *you* touching it...... (URL) (okay, maybe rebuilding it but really, who knows for sure?) (...) Yes, that is correct! Math is hard, lets go shopping! (...) Yes sir, I will get right on that sir, how (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Well... (Dave shuffles his feet all sheepish-like...) K, in situations like this, I look to how intelligent people handle themselves--In this case, strategic planning and massive organization was needed. Who better to look to than Napolean? So (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Cleaning up your mistakes! I took the fall for you Janey! (...) Wasn't Gargamel the one who created Smurfette to foil Papa Smurf? Calum (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

In lugnet.loc.ca, C. L. GunningCook wrote: snip (...) So all weekend Janey was riding me about my supposed affair with Marie... Then I go look at her pics-- 'Maxispacefigbum'????? You're checking out the heinies of the maxi-figs??? K, I'll stick (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

In lugnet.loc.ca, David Koudys wrote: Snip Outstanding work Dave, it is truly appreciated! (...) Oh how cute!! (...) Only because Jacub kept pointing it out, man that guy has some serious radar!!! Snip again, man Dave is chatty!!! (...) Ummm Dave, (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Oh Dave, did you have to start the paragraph like that????? Rumours like that will tarnish my innocent rep. Besides, that's just asking for it, I bet Chris's tongue is bleeding again! Oh yeah, I learned something else, apparently Chris will (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Because don't you know that "Do Not Touch" signs only apply to kids, so adults can do what they want? Nice example to the kids. That was the same complaint I heard from BrickFest, that it was the adults on public day, ignoring the "Do Not (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Like a true gentleman would. (...) Although, I will be the first to say before someone beats me to the punch, darn near impossible to be "kicked out" of something you were never really "in". (...) Hmmmmmm, that only leaves one question in my (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) I try to stay away from said conversations, primarily not to get labelled as a Comic Book Guy :) "That is not from the critically acclaimed yet obviously written for television series "Space Above and Beyond", THIS is the iconic Discovery from (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) snip (...) Well since Jen has advised me to 'defend the family honor' If you think YOU can build a better bridge,,,, well then good for you! The bridge was not tested, since the last show... since I did some major work on my layout since then (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) Janey, I heard very good things about the display this year. And have seen your pictures as well on Brickshelf. It sounds like the 2nd annual appearance of the Can-Brick Builders was a success. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the show however. I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) <snipage> (...) You did an awesome job Dave! The weekend was fantastic. My only regret was that I couldn't spend more time hanging out at the show. (...) Yeah, too bad she was married... oh right, the LEGO... The display was awesome! I was (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: One last chance.......

In lugnet.loc.ca, Jason Allemann wrote: -much snippage- (...) i wasn't there. i wanted to be but it didn't happen. i have only one question. jason, did you demonstrate your trademark style for showing appreciation for home-baked goods? -§ higdon §- (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

(...) LOL! Oh man, I almost forgot about that. Fortunately no home-baked goods were ruined during this show. At least not by me. :) J (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: One last chance.......

In lugnet.loc.ca, Jason Allemann wrote: <snip> (...) Hear! Hear! Once again we were privileged with the cookies! Thank you so much, Marketa! They were definitly appreciated! Dave K (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Hobby Show 2004 Success (WAS: One last chance)

(...) Just a quick note to all those who attended the show this year (and those who wanted to, but couldn't for whatever reason): I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your interest in The Hobby Show exhibit again this year. As some of you (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Hobby Show 2004 Success (WAS: One last chance)

(...) I want to second Allan's sentiments--all of you that showed up with your creations made our chosen hobby look so good! There were times when the number of spectators viewing the mocs completely surrounded the booth--in places 2-3 people deep! (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)