 Local / Australia / 9145
Re: Curator for .loc.au
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 03:56:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
I am now curator for .loc.au.

Excellent.  Good news all round.  Thanks for stepping up for this.

I've updated the links on the .loc.au page, to give a link to the existing
BrickHeads Bulletin .loc.au groups page, along with some more up to date
trading and purchasing links.

Does anyone have a suitable image of a LEGO Australian Flag that I could
include?

Interesting idea.  I haven't seen one - it would presumeably need to be
pretty big given the detail and diagonals.  Maybe the Eureka flag would be a
better idea.  That could be done just five studs high, no? :-)

I started to build one, mosaic style, for an assignment when I was in fifth
grade. I recall it became somewhat tedious, and my supply of blue 1xn's was
getting close to exhausted (I didn't have as much LEGO in those days, and
blue didn't annoy me as much either). So I just finished with a crude 20x10
Union Jack instead. 8.5/10 IIRC.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for what goes on the .loc.au page...

Good and bad suggestions, in no particular order, take 'em or leave 'em ;-)

To support the whole getting to know you thingie:

How many of us are there? If its not a lot of work, it might be nice to
provide a list of people, a three or four word description, and link to our
lugnet profile pages (and from there to the various Australian websites).
Think about updating on request only, max once per month.

Good idea. Not sure about the three or four word description, though...

Richie Dulin, tall obsessive megalomaniac,
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=1285

Hmmm.... maybe descriptors such as "pirate fan", "member of STUDS", etc
might be more appropriate.

Cheers

Richie