 Local / Australia / 9142
Re: Curator for .loc.au
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 02:49:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
I am now curator for .loc.au.

Excellent.  Good news all round.  Thanks for stepping up for this.

I've updated the links on the .loc.au page, to give a link to the existing
BrickHeads Bulletin .loc.au groups page, along with some more up to date
trading and purchasing links.

Does anyone have a suitable image of a LEGO Australian Flag that I could
include?

Interesting idea.  I haven't seen one - it would presumeably need to be
pretty big given the detail and diagonals.  Maybe the Eureka flag would be a
better idea.  That could be done just five studs high, no? :-)

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for what goes on the .loc.au page...

Good and bad suggestions, in no particular order, take 'em or leave 'em ;-)

To support the whole getting to know you thingie:

How many of us are there? If its not a lot of work, it might be nice to
provide a list of people, a three or four word description, and link to our
lugnet profile pages (and from there to the various Australian websites).
Think about updating on request only, max once per month.

To support better integration with non-au visitors:

Map of Australia, with AFOL cities and scale, for the geographically challenged.

Distances to major overseas AFOL cities (also in miles for Americans)

Time differential from major AFOL cities (ie Billund: +x hrs)

To demonstrate understanding of Australia's place in the Lego company mindset:

Highlight the breathtakingly underwhelming Outback theme, with photos and
reviews, suggestions for improvements and extensions.

To waste valuable energy:

Run an offline (email) au vote on best theme, set, fig, piece once a year,
and post results

Or you could just wring your hands, laugh evilly, announce your imminent
plans for world domination, and invite the rest of us to demonstrate our
worthiness to pass by cutting down the the biggest tree in the forest with
<pause for ominous fanfare> a herring.

Richard
Still baldly going...