 Local / Australia / 8379
Re: Vegemite Virgin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:44:48 GMT

"Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message
news:GrvHD5.7qJ@lugnet.com...
Hey guys.  Sorry it took me so long to reply.
Thanks to everyone who shared ideas about how you eat this stuff.  Heres
what I think:

I have to say I have never tasted anything quite like this.  It is *very*
intense.  On the bad side I've found that the aftertaste can be very
overpowering.  On the good side I find myself likeing it a bit more each
time I try it.  I can't say that I'm a convert yet but I definitely do not
hate it.  I am going to finish this jar and take it from there.

Remember, on hot buttered toast, spread reeaally thin! So thin that all
you've done is leave tiny blobs of Vegemite on the raised parts of the
toasted surface - it will still be plenty enough. It's that concentrated a
flavour. There's really no reason not to use as little as possible, and the
taste will be sooo much more pleasant - a mellow, yeasty savoury flavour.

--

Cheers,
Paul