 Local / Australia / 8365
Re: Vegemite Virgin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:24:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low writes:
<cut>

I belong firmly to the "thinly spread on warm toast with marge/butter" camp,
but can I put in a good word for crumpets, muffins and turkish bread? All
excellent alternatives to the traditional Buttercup sliced. And SAO*
sandwiches are hands-down the best way to eat the black stuff when on the move.

YES!!! I forgot!  As a kid, we'd get SAO's and put loads of Marge/butter and
vegemite (a bit more than you would on toast)... use two crackers (SAO's)
and squish them together... it makes worms pop through the holes in the
crackers :))))

Fun stuff... (kids, don't try it at home... ya Mum will smack ya :P)

// Dave (whose supply is running dangerously low...)

*2 inch square unsalted cracker

Mel :) "don't forget to put that stuff on ya ulsers"