 Local / Australia / 8364
Re: New Web Site '...brickzine.com'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:19:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:

Welcome to the world of the Webmaster!  Expect a few of these as you develop
your site.  I developed a web site for my wife's embroidery stuff, it works
for most people, but some have problems, I have no idea why.  The number of
variants of OS/browser make it impossible to make it work for everyone
unless it is VERY simple.  Good luck with it, I look forward to regular updates.

Oh yeah... it's hard when everyone has a different computer and then
different settings, a friend of mine has a large computer screen and when
you see 'normal' size pages, because of his settings, it's this tiny box in
the corner... rather weird looking...

The best way to code a web site is simply to code to the current
official W3C standards.
If your HTML goes through validator.w3c.org without problems then its
good HTML and should be viewable by anyone using a recent browser,
including recent versions of IE as well as Netscape 6.x/Mozilla (which
is what I use, mozilla 0.9.8 is the best web browser I know of)
Most of the people that cant see well written sites are likely using a
browser that doesnt follow HTML standards (such as netscape 4.x, which I
would never use even if you payed me to)

Actually I did try that kinda thing through some site I banged into.  HTML?
LOL yeah right.. I don't know %&*&* about that :)  I just use Frontpage and
hope for the best hahaha.  As time goes on I'll pick up a few things here
and there... I stayed up till 6am one morning trying to figure it out using
trial and error.  Actually when I awoke at 9:30 that morn, I'd never felt so
good.

But I also used to have Netscape and found far too many sites didn't work so
well on there.  I know when I did some setting stuff that a few things would
have to be changed... I think I forgot to go back and deal with that... will
do as soon as I get a chance, but I think a few people will have some sort
of problem, it's always best to have a couple of browsers anyway (from
experience).

The brickzine.com site shows up no problems for me (mozilla 0.9.8)

Cool!

Thanks... Mel