 Local / Australia / 8343
Re: Vegemite Virgin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jon Palmer writes:
Hey all.  I found quite a few posts on this subject but I didn't think there
would be any harm in bringing it back up.

I just bought a small 4 oz jar here in Oklahoma. (not to much of this stuff
around here) :-)
I haven't had a taste yet and I want to make sure I don't put too much on my
toast.  I just have normal white sandwhich bread right now (I know, probably
not ideal) I also have normal butter and some honey butter.

So guys, give me a little direction.  How much at first?  How toasty should
the bread be?  Lots of butter? Should I try the honey butter too?  I've had
a smell and must admit that it wasn't quite what I expected.

I always preferred the vegemite/butter on toast option as opposed to the
vegemite/butter on bread option (one too many school lunches).
Toast the bread evenly, add the butter quickly and spread so the butter melts
completely, then spread the vegemite thinly at your leisure. Unmelted butter
may lead to a mixing paint swirl effect of brown and yellow.

My sister used to dip her vegemite toast in her milky sugary tea.

Another option is to spread vegemite only on toast, then grill a slice of
cheese on top under the griller.