 Local / Australia / 8362
Re: Vegemite Virgin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:35:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Shona Brodley writes:
Now this is one excellent comprehensive report on that Aussie Fav "Vegimite".
The only thing I can add is............ Dont belevie a word of it it smells
as bad as it tastes.  When I was wee my big brother made it for me and told
me it was dead ants.  I ate it anywas cos i wasnt a "girl" ani 25 years
laters i gag when I spread my kids toast.

Shona, this is fantastic -- you mean the mere smell of Vegemite makes you
feel ill, and you _still_ feed it to your offspring!! aussie aussie aussie,
oi oi oi

I belong firmly to the "thinly spread on warm toast with marge/butter" camp,
but can I put in a good word for crumpets, muffins and turkish bread? All
excellent alternatives to the traditional Buttercup sliced. And SAO*
sandwiches are hands-down the best way to eat the black stuff when on the move.

// Dave (whose supply is running dangerously low...)

*2 inch square unsalted cracker