 Local / Australia / 6596
Re: Seduced to the Dark Side, Bionicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:16:36 GMT

The shelves in my local shops are pretty bare, So people are definately
buying The Bionicle sets.....A definate suprise to me ...
But Oh well i'm glad they proved me wrong...
--
Jason King
LugNet #665

pete white <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.au, Ian Dunmore writes:
Having bought all of the 6 available, and having a hard time finding • masks
(of the 11 stores visited this weekend that stocked bionicles 9 had no
masks, one had one, and then none, and the last had 16 then none).

But we are accumulating a number of duplicates. Is there anyone/anywhere
where I can trade. Preferable Canberra, but but mail interstate would be • okay.

Ps, who stuffed up with the lask of masks, the stores not ordering • enough.
Lego OZ not delivering enough, or Lego just not producing enough??

Maybe we should set up a swap system for everyone's extras ?
The shortage could be a result of a number of things,
A - controlled supply, making sure everyone buys the 6 Bionicles first
    and builds up a thirst for the masks (this is scary).
B - they are actually selling so well that LA didn't order enough
C - slow to restock store staff (definitely a possibility)

Add your own theories, most stores I have visited have only had 1 box on
display, this on a huge stand full of Bionicles. A couple had two boxes.
These boxes are either full or near empty. If the masks are on the shelf
and nowhere near a display stand, they are usually full.

Pay TV Bionicle ads are very frequent.

One of the 12 styles of mask seems a lot rarer than the other eleven,
if I was more familiar with Polynesian, I'd blurt it out now.
From my limited experience so far it seems five out of the normal six • colours
are easy to come by, with the sixth a bit harder...
but it's probably easily explained by our probability experts.

pete.w (yes, I'm aware some come in more than 6 colours)