 Local / Australia / 2776
Re: In Sydney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:39:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:FzyCz5.DD7@lugnet.com...
Hi everyone...

I arrived (after a rather grueling flight) and hope to hear from folks • soon. I
think I probably will need Monday to get adjusted to the time diff and I • have
a UK concall on tuesday but would love to get together with folks after
that...

Hi Larry,
Glad to have you in Australia. I hope that you are enjoying yourself so far.

A bit tired but the client is at the foot of Macquarie, so I see the harbor
bridge (they just finished the last ring!) each day as I walk to work. Those
double ended ferries (2 different sizes) would make some great models.

We never ended up deciding where to eat. Are you still keen trying out some
of our local fauna?

Yes. Just not piscean please.

Which day would be best for you? I'm guessing that for most of us, Friday or
Saturday would be best.

Probably. I am toying with getting a hire car and doing some driving on the
weekend so Friday may be better, but I am open. It is looking like my stay
will extend to 3 weeks total, not sure yet. I may still be in town for the
party after the opening ceremonies.

++Lar