 Local / Australia / 14455
Re: Australian Ambassadors - nominations/voting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 01:35:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all,

I think it's important that we ensure at least some Australian representation in
the LEGO Ambassadors thread so I'm starting this thread for people to nominate
and second/third/whatever Australian people.

If you're from one of the local clubs with members who don't post on Lugnet
could you pass on any nominations or votes on behalf of people (I trust there'll
be no cheating). We get to nominate three people so let's do our best to choose.

Tim

This is my 10cents worth and are my personal views.

The Australian Lego Ambassadors need to represent of ALL the Australian AFOL.
They should also not be congregated in one location or over representative of a
narrow interest group. The persons do need to be recognised by various groups,
or groups they represent and be approachable and diplomatic. They must also be
able to represent the most active groups within the Aust Lego community, i.e.
the Train groups.  That’s why I suggest the following parameters should be given
a consideration when well decide who will be the chosen ones.

Who ever is chosen ideally there should be;
Only one from QLD, one from NSW and one from neither QLD nor NSW, i.e. the rest
of Aust..
A person who is currently active in a Lego Train club
A person who is currently active in a LUG group

The Train clubs, which are the most active groups within the Aus Lego community,
must have representation. Brisbane and Sydney both have primarily a very active
Train group, and from my understanding, also consists of others not necessarily
interested in Trains. A representative from each of these groups would in my
opinion satisfy some of the parameters laid out.

It would also be appropriate that the QLD representative by determined by the
residents of QLD. The NSW by NSW residents and the rest by the rest.

Whomever the ambassadors end up being they should be truly representative of the
AFOL community we have in Australia. There are many people who read Lugnet but
do not post, lets make sure they are also represented and as they often only
show up at events or meetings held around the country, so it is important that
ambassadors are involved in these groups and events when they are held, so they
can hear other points of view rather than those expressed in Lugnet and other
internet forums.

But then again I could be totally out of line and mis-informed and it may very
well be some sort of popularity contest, in which case, I second the nomination
for Peter Parsons who no matter what he writes is keeping us on top of Lugnet
post count signal headedly :)

Gary