 Local / Australia / *14008 (-20)
  Re: A French Victory! (was Re: The game's afoot!)

(...) Whoa Dudes, that's twice the French have been victorious at STUDS Brikwars, what are you doing wrong? Dude, I mean, Dude, French.... Dude! Leg Godt Travis Matheson (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  A French Victory! (was Re: The game's afoot!)

(...) It has been written that history is written by the victors, so it is fitting that I post (or is that boast?) about the French victory in the Southern Highlands. Pics to come, but for the moment, this brief report. The combined might of the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  V/line N-set

Hi all, (URL) V/line N-set> Well these have been built for a while, but I only just got around to taking some pics. (URL) N-sets> are used for the bulk of inter-city passenger trains in Victoria, so I built a set to be pulled by my (URL) N-class>, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

Hey everyone, Just returned to my pile of Lego bricks after half a year on exchange at the University of Queensland in Brisbane... Australia is awesome, I reckon! Anyway, I came across this wonderful train with a name that says it all, the Tilt (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, FTX) !!

  Re: Instructions bigger than box??

(...) Hmmmm I have that set and my instructions also show no sign of folding. I no longer have the box so I can't check, but I don't ever recall having instructions bigger than the box. IIRC I got mine from Europe, and the packaging may have been (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Instructions bigger than box??

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IAnp2z.2138@lugnet.com... (...) than (...) box (...) the (...) have (...) The set is 8444 - the Air Enforcer from 1999. The instructions are in an A4 book that is 100 pages long It is (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: valuing lego for insurance purposes

For many years we have been keeping a list of the Lego instructions we have to help prioritise our purchases (ie, buy instructions/sets we don't have first). Note, instructions do not necessarily mean sets, but close. Somewhere along the line we (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: valuing lego for insurance purposes

ok, what I will do is to make a list of all the sets I have instructions for along with sutable average bricklink prices for same. And a list of the "rare"/"unusual" parts in my collection (anything that would be hard to find again if my collection (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Instructions bigger than box??

(...) High end Technic RC cars (8475, 8366 etc) came with instructions rolled (folded like an S, same way you fold A4 letters into business-sized envelopes) and sealed in a plastic bag. Don't recall a high end regular technic set that came with (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Instructions bigger than box??

(...) Not that I recall - what set was it? Is there any evidence that they may have been folded originally (scuff marks halfway across etc)? ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Instructions bigger than box??

Hey there everyone It's been a bit quiet here this week so I thought I'd pose this question Has anyone ever had a set where the instructions are actually bigger than the box they came in? I know it sounds a bit weird, but I was given a Technic set (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: valuing lego for insurance purposes

(...) How good's your memory? How about making a list of all the sets you've acquired over the years (don't do it in one hit, take a few days), making a note of the set number and number of pieces. See what you can come up with. (No need to build (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  The game's afoot! (was re: Battle)

Ok my Pugnacious Potentates, Bellicose Brigands and Confused Combatants, This Sunday in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, the battlefield stands ready for a festival the like of which few combatants will see the end: To the north, the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: valuing lego for insurance purposes

(...) Hmmm, I was hoping for a way to do this that didnt involve going through and building every set in my collection and then valuing each set plus all the parts that are left. Assume they dont want lists of individual parts, is there another (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: valuing lego for insurance purposes

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:IAL6w5.xFL@lugnet.com... (...) paid. (...) particularly (...) Well, sets are the easy part - you could take the average listing value off of Bricklink. Doesn't matter what you really paid (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Queensland Art Gallery

(...) There was also a great pic of it in the Arts section of the Australian yesterday. The lego is actually staying longer now it is so very popular. I have even built a tower (although incomplete as my son dragged me away to see tubby the robot) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: valuing lego for insurance purposes

(...) The insurance company wants a list. I have no clue what all this stuff is worth. Or how much I paid for the various items in my collection. Any ideas on how to come up with a value that the insurance will accept? (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Battle! (Stat sheet!)

(...) Ah ha! (URL) the Prussians anyway, stripped of their sharp katanas for blunt short cutlasses. I think I have gone heavy on costing the limber, but if anything its conservative. The power arangements for the horses to drag cannon about are a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

Another MUGS meeting, and surprise, surprise, no Brikwars! But there was lots of partsies, before and after we raided the nearby dicount toys store. Some notable items: A new future AFOL, Jessica, and a new member, Scott. (2 URLs) Some Fabuland: (2 (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, FTX)

  Re: Queensland Art Gallery

(...) There was a piece about this in today's Courier Mail. (Some artist, getting the kids to do all the work! :P ) Michael (20 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact