 Local / Australia / 13104
Re: Instructions bigger than box??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:36:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Sue Ann Barber wrote:
Hey there everyone

It's been a bit quiet here this week so I thought I'd pose this question

Has anyone ever had a set where the instructions are actually bigger than
the box they came in? I know it sounds a bit weird, but I was given a
Technic set the other day where the instructions had to be curved in the box
to fit in. I thought it might just have been because the previous owner
hadn't put them away properly but when I put the instructions up against the
box they were noticeably bigger.

I have never seen this before - what about everyone else?

cheers

Sue Ann
Who is determined to get a higher stat ranking than in the 600s for 2005 :)

High end Technic RC cars (8475, 8366 etc) came with instructions rolled (folded
like an S, same way you fold A4 letters into business-sized envelopes) and
sealed in a plastic bag. Don't recall a high end regular technic set that came
with folded instructions. Having said that, the sealed/rolled instructions were
in better condition.

I had Technic Jango Fetts that had A4 instructions in a shorter-than-A4 box. The
top (or bottom) edge was folder up. They eventually printed instructions that
fitted the box.

And, common in small sets, instructions folded in half (or smaller for tiny
sets).

-Brad