 Local / Australia / 13108
Re: Instructions bigger than box??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:25:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Sue Ann Barber wrote:

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:IAnp2z.2138@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.au, Sue Ann Barber wrote:
Hey there everyone

It's been a bit quiet here this week so I thought I'd pose this question

Has anyone ever had a set where the instructions are actually bigger than
the box they came in? I know it sounds a bit weird, but I was given a
Technic set the other day where the instructions had to be curved in the box
to fit in. I thought it might just have been because the previous owner
hadn't put them away properly but when I put the instructions up against the
box they were noticeably bigger.

I have never seen this before - what about everyone else?

Not that I recall - what set was it? Is there any evidence that they may have
been folded originally (scuff marks halfway across etc)?

The set is 8444 - the Air Enforcer from 1999.  The instructions are in an A4
book that is 100 pages long

It is possible that the instructions were lightly folded or rolled to make
them  fit in the box. Certainly, there's no obvious fold mark.

Says a lot about the Lego box/instruction design team.  I suppose it has
something to do with cost saving more than poor planning. Probably cheaper
to print an A4 book than to print on smaller paper or trim each book.

Hmmmm I have that set and my instructions also show no sign of folding. I no
longer have the box so I can't check, but I don't ever recall having
instructions bigger than the box. IIRC I got mine from Europe, and the packaging
may have been different.

ROSCO