 Local / Australia / 13097
Re: Queensland Art Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:02:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Dallaston wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Anita Eenink wrote:
Hello all

I am actually just quickly sticking my head in from hiding behind this curtain
of silence to say that the Queensland Art Gallery is having a summer festival
between 15-23 of January. Now this is cool any time but this year we have 300kg
of white (yes only white) lego to play with or as our web site puts it "create
an amazing cityscape from white Lego in an interactive art work by international
artist Olafur Eliasson".

Anita

There was a piece about this in today's Courier Mail.

(Some artist, getting the kids to do all the work! :P )

Michael

There was also a great pic of it in the Arts section of the Australian
yesterday. The lego is actually staying longer now it is so very popular. I have
even built a tower (although incomplete as my son dragged me away to see tubby
the robot)