 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2004
Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:31:48 GMT

I would guess that outside of the AFOL market (individually and • through LUGs
and LTCs), there is likely little demand for bricks by the 1000s.
Consequently, I would think that LEGO could cut costs in advertising,
packaging, etc. by simply offering "true bulk" directly to AFOLs, • maybe even
through announcements on LUGNET or other similar online mediums.

Sounds like a very reasonable suggestion to me.

Right now, the pricing of the so-called Bulk Direct Packs is such that I
really can't justify the purchase.  I have a certain amount of
disposable income that I'd love to direct to Lego in exchange for
thousands of basic bricks, but with the pricing as it stands, I choose
to spend my money on other frivolities.

The situation is probably different for other people, of course, but if
you want my money Lego, drop the prices to something reasonable (and fix
the oh-so-painfully-slooooooooooooow website!).

I don't know if the increase in sales from lowering prices would be
offset by the reduced profit though.  Anyone have a better crystal ball
than I?

-Roy