 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1964
Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 06:19:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:
For you, it's about the sets.  For me, it's about the bricks.  I couldn't >less about sets, except for the particular elements in them.  That is why you >prefer to buy older sets in MISB condition.

No, actually it's about the elements for me too.  I never even wanted any
space stuff until I conceived of Castle Blacktron some months back.  So,
it's absolutely about the bricks, but price remains important too. The only
reason I care about MISB is that I am fed up with seriously damaged elements
coming from used sets purchased here, and on Ebay.  When one seeks
trans-yellow elements, it's far better to seek them in new, or as new,
condition.

I don't really think that you are a bulk-type customer, just an AFOL who >wants to get cheap bricks, and you thought the bulk service was going to >provide that for you.

Now why would I want bricks cheaply?  Could it be to build in a larger
scale? Yeah, that would be the case...

The bulk service is not about cheap bricks; it's about enabling creativity >by making key elements widely available.

Frankly, it's *NOT* really about either  -- yet!  But I am not sure the
range of 1xY bricks being offered quite matches my expectation as to the
term "key elements."  I am pleased about the tiles, the windows, and the
trees though...

But in the end, we can indeed agree to disagree.

I just wanted to point out that I don't really collect MISB sets.  I just
want stuff in usable condition, and believe me -- the MISB sets I buy do not
continue on in MISB condition for very long in my hands.  As I have said
before, I take some pleasure in ripping the bags open and spilling out the
new bricks for *MY* use.

-- Richard