 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1951
Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:08:45 GMT

To all,

I know where you're coming from.  Back in 1987 I bought
NINETY of the 517 small
basic sets just to get enough windows (180 1x4x3 yellow
and 180 1x2x2 yellow) to
finish my 25 story ONE SHELL PLAZA Art Deco office
building back then (building is
on my website).  Fortunately a byproduct of this purchase
is an almost endless
supply of low sloped blue bricks and peaks.

90?!?! I know you are crazy now, Gary! ;)

Seriously, I am very excited about the bulk sales, I think
it is a great service, especially after having experienced
similar, but not in that great of quantity. I bought a few
4561's for the 1x4x3 trans blue windows, and now I do not
have too. I am hopeful for the future in terms of a better
selection of various pieces, the more architectual parts,
such as windows, a good cross selection of diffeent roof
parts and accessories, maybe some of that curved glass
sections, and dock ports, and I will be a happy camper.

Even if the parts are a little pricey (I don't think htey
are) they are a lot better than buying 15x of one set or 90x
of another set. I hope TLC continues in this direction.

Scott S.

Please visit http://www.cleanweb.net