 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1991
Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:37:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Doug Finney writes:
A tangentially related question: What happens to the bricks rejected from the
system while changing the mold injectors from one color of plastic to another?
I already use discolored, heavily scratched or simply "wrong" color bricks as
filler in large structures and would happily add "bi-color" bricks to the mix
if they were available in mass quantities for a low price. Or do the Master
Builders already use them all for the same purpose?

AFAIK, they scrap those bricks.  I know someone that has about 30 or so "mixed"
bricks, and they look REALLY COOL (green/yellow, black/red, blue/pink).  As far
as we know, the only way he could have gotten them in that bulk lot is if
someone AT TLG in the US took some home and dropped them into their collection.

I'd LOVE to have some of these mixed bricks.  Some of them are surreal.

I was wondering that, too, if they'd actually be cool for building in
and of themselves but I've never actually seen any. The only "error" piece
I recall having is a white 1x6 brick from the mid-70's that didn't get
quite enough plastic at one end of the mold.