 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1424
Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:30:25 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:

Because some of use aren't so uptight about model designs that we feel
the need
to "protect" them from TLC, and would actually very much *like* to have
instructions for our models, without having to suffer through an anitquated
home-brewed CAD program to create them.

Well, the data format is a bit arcane but I'm not sure I'd characterise
MLCad (to pick my favorite) as "antiquated"... it's pretty slick.

I have to admit, my LEGO CAD experience is limited to a single program.  I
picked what appeared to be the most popular and best supported, and dove in.
Way too user-unfriendly, IMHO, so I didn't bother to check out what seemed to
be the bit players.

If it ever came down to it, I would probably go Gianluca Morelli's route first.
:D

eric