 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1418
Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:58:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Eric Kingsley wrote:

Thats the problem now with LEGO today IMO.  There are not enough large Basic
sets out there that encourage imagination.  Today it is mostly about the sets
and building the set like it is on the box and not as much about creativity and
like Sheree says "thinking outside the box".

I agree to some extent...  I think the parents are very much to blame for
this, though.  I mean, who actually buys LEGO?  Parents do, and most of
them steer clear of the Classic line in favor of flashy themes.  It's
really interesting to listen to couples at Toys 'R Us trying to decide
which LEGO sets to buy...  "Not that one, it's too plain looking.  He
won't have fun with it."  "That one has too many pieces; I don't want to
be picking up after him all the time."  Etc...  Parents need to be
educated too...

Just an observation, and not worth very much.  :)

Chris