 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1421
Re: Custom Built LEGO Sets in 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:09:24 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
It sounds like this method could be useful for bulk orders as well.  All you would
have to do is stack up the parts/colors you want (via LEGO/CAD) without having to
assemble them into a structure.  The whole "building" issue could be moot.

Ahh, yes. Another use for the scrambler. Give it the parts list you
want, and have it emit a model using them to upload to TLC to place your
order.

If TLC is smart, they will have the input be a parts list, and then tell
us how to upload just a parts list. Why go to any effort of having a
complete model when we're just going to work around it, and at some
point they need just the parts list. Provide the CAD program as one way
of generating a parts list.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com