 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2159 (-20)
  Second Batch has arrived - ripping fans off again?

Hi all Bionicle fans, I know that you all have already seen the masks of the second batch that have been found. Well, here's my own experience of the second batch as I was able to get my hands on these today. Just use this URL and click on the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  The Refocusing of LEGO

Hi everybody, Over the last few months, I have begun to come out of my second LEGO Dark Ages. Whereas my first Dark Ages was brought on by “growing up” and having “better things to do” than play with LEGO, the second one was brought on because of a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Since the tubs are a bulk dump of basic bricks, they're not necessarily the best indicator of piece:price ratio. One might compare, for instance, the Mos Espa Podrace, with 894 pieces for $99 MSRP vs the MB Aircraft Carrier, with about 1700 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Really? I haven't looked at Mega-Bloks tubs, so I didn't realize the price was that close. Looking at the per-brick price, we get: $0.0167 for LEGO $0.0143 for Mega-Bloks Or about a 14% markdown for MB (looking at it the other way, LEGO is (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Construction Toys are toys that you build things with. This category starts with building blocks and goes on through Lego, K'nex, Meccano/Erector, Lincoln Logs, Tinkertoys, Construx, Robotix, Ring-a-Majigs, Mega-Bloks, American Bricks, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Mike Horvath wrote in message ... (...) your (...) complicating. Lego has stated that they believe kids don't want to spend as much time building and this was a reason for Jr. sets. The separate bags also speed up the buillding process, but the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

(...) I don't think that will happen. LEGO's usual design for polybags is 1 minifig and a small cart/backdrop/vehicle to go with him. I'm more concerned with getting more polybags out there than changing the way they make them. Especially since they (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GA2u41.7Jp@lugnet.com... (...) Absolutely But I dont have to like it. And we shouldnt just accept it. If no-one complains then guess what happens - the prices will go up even more. Consequence (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

(...) I didn't mean to suggest that there be no cheap minifigures. Selling them separately (which is what just about every other toy company does) would have advantages- I bet a lot less people would by King Leo's Castle just to get the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

(...) The market sets the price. Retailers will charge just as much as we are willing to pay. Scott A (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Duq" <Duq@nlgateway.net> wrote in message news:GA27FI.7AB@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) check (...) The question is WHO is doing the ripping off. In the magazine case there is probably some importer who is marking up the prices, over which the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

(...) A big "me too"!!! I have argued almost the exact opposite of Bradley's post in the past. The only way I could agree with Bradley's sentiment is if TLC packaged stuff separately -- that is different packages for the structures, vehicles, minis. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Polybag Racks (was: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long))

(...) Gack no please don't listen to this suggestion... The cheap polybag sets are useful for those who want to build up decent numbers of minifigs. Frank (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Pter & All, (...) Yes, we are. But I think it is because of the love of the brick, as opposed to senseless bashing. I am trying to look at the better side, there are things changing, I hope it will be continuing to. (...) I have not bought any yet, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) We are a critical bunch sometimes. I brought up the 'air' content, since MB boxes are reasonably 'air free', and the comparison between the two was happening. My partner bought our niece a Belville set and seriously questioned the value. TLC (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Pete, (...) Well, sarcasm aside, there is a marketing ploy there, and a lot of companies do it (Mattel, etc.) I don't like the packaging any better, but I think there are more important issues to take care of first. There are a lot of issues that I (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Plus the transportation costs of moving large boxes of air, only partly filled with ABS. Any need to make the boxes as large as they do ? Unless they want consumers to think there is more inside than there is. Parents buy Lego, children open (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

OK, so you guys are being ripped off when it comes to Lego and Cars. You get the best computer and music magazines at decent prices. Ever cared to check what overseas rates are? Q magazine: 2.80 in the UK, which is 8.63 DM. Q in a german shop will (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

And the random Darth Vader, or something. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

Wait, what do you mean by construction sets? Speaking of myself, personally, I can't stand dump trucks 'n stuff. I'm confused. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact