 General / 8356
Re: Insurance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 02:13:31 GMT

Did you look into contracting with some kind of a disaster recovery • outfit?
In the large-organization world (mainframes, call centers, etc), this is a
plan/arrangement to get your data and environment quickly set up and
running in another location, in case of major disasters.  I'm not sure if
something like this is even possible in the small-organization world.

We're not that big of an organization, and the insurance to cover the
equipment didn't cost THAT much.  It was just substantially more then what a
"normal" policy would have cost.

With archives of the data off-site, all we would need is the money to
replace the computers and other electronics.