 General / 8379
Re: Insurance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:27:35 GMT

The problem with doing that is that insurance companies normally have a limit on
items/collections not separately identified on the policy document, on mine it is
$1000. So if you have a collection worth $25,000 this is a dangerous way to insure.
The hardest thing to get is documentary evidence of value for lego. Who is a
recognised authority on the value of lego whose valuation will be accepted by an
insurance company.

Mark H.

Daniel Moquin wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jodi Neal writes:
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this but here goes....

Since some, if not most of us on here have huge Lego collections, has anyone
put there's on their home owners insurance policies yet?  You know in case of
fire, flood or other disaster, the insurance company will have to cough up the
money to replace them.  I have other collections, I need to do this with, and • I
was thinking of adding my Legos to that list.  I just wanted to know if anyone
had already done this, and what response they got from their insurance agent.
Not to mention how the listed them.

Since I have no kids, I'd expect that he might wonder a bit.  ;-)

I just overinflated my contents coverage.  The agent doesn't really care what
you have in your house, so I didn't mention the all that I have in Lego.  The
only things that are specifically called out in insurance coverages are things
like jewelry, high tech equipment(Computers, stereo), golf equipment,
art/antiques, musical instruments.

Dan