 General / 8495
Re: Insurance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:36:03 GMT

Jodi Neal (LunaTarlun@Prodigy.Net) wrote:

Since some, if not most of us on here have huge Lego collections, has anyone
put there's on their home owners insurance policies yet?

I have not, but I need to.  Here is my experience to date:

- Current policy: I asked several times whether a "large collection of LEGO"
is covered, and each time was told that it would be included along with the
rest of the contents of the house.  I mentioned an approximate value but not
that they would be considered "collectible", i.e. you can't just go buy 'em
off the shelves.

- I asked for a quote from another company and told them that I have what
would be considered collectible (I think that's a tip-off word to insurers)
LEGO, and an approximate value for them.  They got back to me a week later
and said that they couldn't insure the LEGO.  They had mentioned something
about having them appraised so that is one potential bottleneck.

Please let us know if you are able to insure yours!

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/