 General / 8302
    Insurance —Jodi Neal
   I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this but here goes.... Since some, if not most of us on here have huge Lego collections, has anyone put there's on their home owners insurance policies yet? You know in case of fire, flood or other (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Insurance —Dan Moquin
     (...) I (...) I just overinflated my contents coverage. The agent doesn't really care what you have in your house, so I didn't mention the all that I have in Lego. The only things that are specifically called out in insurance coverages are things (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Insurance —Richard Franks
      (...) I'm pretty sure they'd find some way of wriggling out of paying for $5,000[1] worth of replacement Lego if you don't specifically mention it as an item though. Richard [1] Random figure - I'm sure it's a lot higher for some people! (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Insurance —Christopher Tracey
      I asked my agent about it and he said it would be covered under my renter's insurance policy. I didn't have to list items individually but they suggested that I videotape or photograph everything of value. Do most policys use replacement value or (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Insurance —James Brown
       (...) Replacement value. A policy based on original cost will have inaccurate data fast, and will grow more inaccurate over time. This would make it very difficult for the insurance company to accurately estimate its liability, and would mean they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Insurance —Troy Cefaratti
      Christopher Tracey <ctracey@usgs.gov> wrote in message news:37FA25C2.6D3784...sgs.gov... (...) renter's (...) suggested (...) This will depend on the type of policy that you get. When we were getting insurance for my business, we went several rounds (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Insurance —Steve Bliss
      (...) Did you look into contracting with some kind of a disaster recovery outfit? In the large-organization world (mainframes, call centers, etc), this is a plan/arrangement to get your data and environment quickly set up and running in another (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

          Re: Insurance —Troy Cefaratti
      (...) outfit? (...) We're not that big of an organization, and the insurance to cover the equipment didn't cost THAT much. It was just substantially more then what a "normal" policy would have cost. With archives of the data off-site, all we would (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Insurance —Mark Harrison
     The problem with doing that is that insurance companies normally have a limit on items/collections not separately identified on the policy document, on mine it is $1000. So if you have a collection worth $25,000 this is a dangerous way to insure. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Insurance —Mike Walsh
      Jodi Neal wrote in message ... (...) anyone (...) of (...) the (...) and I (...) anyone (...) agent. (...) I actually spoke with my insureance agent about this very subject about two months ago. She told me that my collection is covered under my (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Insurance —Steve Bliss
     (...) Ditto. We had some hail damage to our aluminum siding last year, and the adjuster not only didn't argue about the claimed damage, he went around the house looking for more problems. We were extremely happy with their service. I'm wondering if (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Insurance —Frank Filz
     (...) Yet another satisfied State Farm customer. I can't speak for home owners policies, but my car and renters insurance are handled by the same agent (and they just instituted a discount for having multiple different policies). As far as special (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Insurance —Gary R. Istok
     If ever there was a reason for having a price list for LEGO values, then insurance purposes would be it. Unfortunately, 95 percent of the time that price list would be used as a base price for LEGO auctions and sales. Gary Istok (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        (canceled) —Jamie Obrien

        Re: Insurance —Steve Demlow
   (...) I have not, but I need to. Here is my experience to date: - Current policy: I asked several times whether a "large collection of LEGO" is covered, and each time was told that it would be included along with the rest of the contents of the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)